Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coppermine’s antics will never cease to amuse. Adding the star midi from a certain lower level A team to the roster with just two tournaments to go in the season. Why not just see the summer out with the girls who’ve dedicated themselves to you all year like everyone else? Anything to get that t-shirt.

Interesting info, is this actually true? What was the "former" team? I have a guess based on who didn't play at Genesis this weekend. Coppermine is a good team and 1 of the teams we have thought about trying out for. Real curious to hear the truth on all this or is it just sour grapes that they beat another team that may be looking at losing their top players?

I understand the vitriol here and can appreciate it to some extent, but if you think Coppermine is the only team where this happened, you are either crazy or naive.

Over the past 2-3 weeks, most top A teams have had girls from other clubs "work in" at practice. Sometimes they will let girls guest play in a tourney or tow as an extended tryout. This weekend made a ton of sense because it conflicted with a major soccer tourney and resulted in a smaller roster size for many teams.

The only way I would have a problem with this is if the guest player's team was also scheduled to play in this tourney. One I think its morally wrong. Two, if this girls was registered with her own teams roster and played for Coppermine, then she was in eligible and Coppermine (or any team that used a girl registered for a different club) should have to forfeit.