Originally Posted by Anonymous
Coppermine’s antics will never cease to amuse. Adding the star midi from a certain lower level A team to the roster with just two tournaments to go in the season. Why not just see the summer out with the girls who’ve dedicated themselves to you all year like everyone else? Anything to get that t-shirt.
Why the bitterness? If Coppermine welcomed the girl to its team and the girl wanted to play for Coppermine, what's the beef? It seems to me that everyone involved benefited.
Probably not a benefit to the girl’s former team, the girls already on Coppermine and their parents who paid a lot of money for the season and don’t expect players to be added during tournaments with no warning, and the girls signed up for tryout for the team in 2 weeks.
How do you know what the Coppermine parents want? Do you have a daughter who plays for Coppermine? Frankly all I saw from the Coppermine parents was extreme happiness over winning the tournament.

Also, I think parents are sadly mistaken if they think they make decisions about who is accepted on a team, when they are accepted, who plays, etc. Those roles and others fall under the leaders of the programs to which the parents chose for their daughters.

As far as the girl’s former team - I guess I am having a difficult time accepting that the girl is its indentured servant.

What team did the new player come from? Did that team have a tournament this weekend as well?