Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does it matter? Thats not the point. If you have a good group of kids with the proper coaching good things happen. Call it A, B C whatever... The problem is too many people are caught up with status and BBQ chatter than their kids being in a good lax environment.

Maybe so…but for the kids that were at Showtime this week, it was their club that likely got them there. It’s HS, IMHO if your son just enjoys playing and not concerned with college lax, just stick with what is working, if not, you should find a club that has the right network to help get your son get into meaningful showcases and hopefully committed. Look at results, not promises.

Agree with the comment wholeheartedly. My son is one who isn’t concerned with playing after HS is over……and it seems like he is in the minority. When did things change so drastically to everything being about showcases and d1 college aspirations??
If my son needed lacrosse to get into a good school, I’d feel like a failure as a parent

My son plays lacrosse because he loves the game…..plays for a club team over the summer because he enjoys the guys on the team
Less than 10% of current HS and club players will play in college. Since when did club lacrosse become all about recruitment, that's what showcases are for. I agree with the post above that covid changed club lacrosse for the worse. Fees went way up, rosters got bigger and owners keep giving less. Half these teams could hire their own coach and play together anywhere, lightbulb just went off