Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good list for the most part, but some of those St. A picks have me scratching my head. Put up no numbers and played no competition
https://twitter.com/newsdayhssports/status/1539275678478127106?s=12

Played no competition? Put up no numbers? Really? Didn’t they beat Manhasset! CSH? Beat Northport in a scrimmage? You can put them up against any LI top team. Those girls are legit. Stop scratching your head.

Struggled against Darien and McDonough.

The list is talking about LI girls. I’m questioning why you would be scratching your head with picks from St. As? They clearly have some great LI players if they are beating some of the top LI teams that are LI Championship teams. The poster stated they played no competition?

Also, when talking about numbers, that’s a joke. So easy to put up big numbers in many of the conferences. Many teams had only two or three really competitive opponents. Racked up numbers on easy games. Apples and Oranges! Stats are a joke if lumping everything together. Put some of the SA girls on a team like a Roslyn who plays no comp. Many SA girls would prob. have triple digits. On top of that, SA is not encouraged or “allowed” to run up a score! They keep it Classy.

Totally agree about stats being meaningless. earlier this year there was a story in Newsday of a senior who scored her 200th varsity goal.. what a great accomplishment I thought.. then I read a little further and in the Big 200th goal Game this player scored 12 goals in a game where her team won 17-1... is that newsworthy?