Originally Posted by Anonymous
I personally don’t understand why referees don’t give out more penalties to benches for parent behavior. If the officials did more of that, I guarantee you it will shut the parents up. Officials need to start penalizing benches for parent behavior. Watch how quickly things change.

Folks thisnis SPORTS. Not a CRT classroom. I’m sports, particularly when Refs insert themselves into the outcome of the game, fans are vocal on plays. I don’t agree with fans / parents being stunads, but come on….

I am not sure how they are going to prove what team the parent is on. In this case I will go to the teams I don't like and act like an butt on the sidelines so said team gets penalties. Doesn't sound like a good rule.

Actually a rule like this would work pretty well, because it incentivizes and justifies the parents to police themselves. A fake parent pretending to be a butt will be obvious to the real parents of the team he is "supporting" and they would ask him with before the officials got involved. But when real parents are acting that way, a rule like this gives the perfect cover for parents to rein them in, as in "c'mon, we don't need another ridiculous penalty like the one we got last week."