Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why does true enter so many B teams into tournaments?

The tourney in Annapolis this weekend had a million true teams- every one competing in the B brackets.

There were at least 5-6 True North Carolina Teams alone.

All b level. Makes no sense to drive 7-8 hours to play B level competition.

So their business model really is just pay to play?

Why would you pay that much to enter rec divisions? Just to call yourself a “club?” Makes no sense. All those parents need to save a couple thousand dollars and just sign up for local rec lax programs.

My Son doesn't play for True and I'm not a fan of the their tactics ( i.e. - putting guest players from Elite level True teams on out of state teams entered in the B division).

The reason some of these out of state teams travel is because there aren't any other teams to play in states like NC. I don't see a problem with that.

So why do you care? Let me guess, your Son's team was beat by a True team or cut by a True team or didn't make one after trying out? What year/division did your Son play in this weekend?

There are plenty of boys that want to play year round that are not on the AA teams because they love it. Dissing on kids that aren't up to your standard of what it takes to play on a "club" team isn't a good look dude, it's extremely BadPerson and your motive is suspect. All this "if your kid isn't playing in the Elite division in HOCO they should just play rec" talk is garbage spewed by internet trolls and keyboard warriors.