Originally Posted by Anonymous
How was the Steps team from California? I see their bracket wasn't so tough. But it looks like they beat YJ and had a close game against M&D in the playoffs.

Nice to see other states having success

They are a legit top 10 team --very close to BLC in terms of talent and style. No way they should have played in that bracket. But at least they played in better bracket than the steps NJ teams. Some incredible offensive talent and a strong goalie.

If they were in MD, they would be the at worst the 4th best team.

Outside the YJ A one goal victory, there's nothing on their resume to back up that they are a legit top-10 team. Did they bring in ringers this weekend?

Lost to 51st ranked All American AIM

I'm not putting them above NEMS, Pride, LBC or MDU based on one impressive victory in a 22 min game.

They also handled Steps White in a full white. Those are two wins more impressive than any team Pride or NEMS has beaten this summer.

But I based my evaluation on the eye test, not scores. MD teams are more experienced and have better Lax IQ (from experience). However, Steps CA is just at another level athletically compared to the mid level A maryland teams (Pride, MDU, LBC, NEMS, Coppermine).

Obviously, if they played in MD, then they would get more Lax IQ pretty quickly.