Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is Mooselax from? (Haven't heard of them before)

Great representation from all the local 2029's this past weekend. I agree Madlax and Hawks seem to be at the top. I detest seeing "National Teams" ranked. There are probably 5-6 kids that all play on True Annapolis, True Naitonal, and Nationals lacrosse.

My son plays for Predators and we have definitely been told that we arey moving up to AAA for HOCO next season. I would imagine that FCA moves up to Elite after looking at their scores and seeing them play. They definitely looked elite caliber. The question is who moves down? LTLC? Team 91? Do they bring up two teams and go with 10 teams....bring up FCA and Team Maryland?

Totally agree. National teams should not be allowed to be ranked. But club lacrosse is ridiculous and will continue to allow it. True is in bed with US lacrosse. Money talks. So they will continue to be ranked, all of them.

It’s a shame. Lax has become so watered down

It's a ridiculous gatekeeping argument that lax should go back to being like the 1980s where your level of play was determined by your parents' wealth (and specifically, school district or tuition checks) and racial background. As long as it's inaccessible, it can meet your definition of "elite" and not "watered down." Laughable.

The overall level of play is head and shoulders above what it was 15 or 20 years ago. Does this mean that corporations seek to take advantage of this growing sector of customers? Yes obviously. Should the national teams be ranked separately? Sure, but who gets to make that rule? There's a Madlax 2028 kid (double holdback btw) whose parents drive him 2 hours up from Richmond to play. Does that make Madlax Cap a national team? What about the middle school teams who fly kids in from NC, GA,TX? Hawks, 91, all of them. Is it OK on an emergency basis? 1 time per tourney season? Tourneys only?

Who exactly gets to draw the line in the sand.

As for True........it's a corporation with a repeated, well established reputation for illegal roster substitutions across the entire company. Worse than Madlax, worse than Nationals.......who both have been caught doing this. I'm talking about hiding kids under team snack tables, when the tourney officials are trying to track the kid down.

I'd propose that once a team gets popped for illegal roster, they shouldn't be ranked at all that year. "Not eligible." Because, nothing waters down lax more than illegal roster subs. That would change the rankings more than getting rid of national teams.