Originally Posted by Anonymous
Clearly changes need to be made on the varsity level.college rules need to be in play and we could all agree it not easy being a ref but they need in influx of youth and IMO women have have played the game.An old man giving out yellow cards who never played lacrosse and can’t run down the field is not acceptable for the girls and landscape of li lax
2 types of official of the girls on LI. 1; can't make it up and down the field without medical attention 2; never played the women's game and blows the whistle every second because they heard sticks hit

Might be the most accurate comment ever written on this forum. I’m for paying any ref $200 a contest and giving them the right to toss any player coach or fan challenging their call with zero tolerance or if they want to issue a warning they do so by issuing 2 yellows for misconduct. That’s Coach, player or fan misconduct. That means you play 2 girls down for 2 min and if you get 2 more your playing short handed for the rest of the game bc you ran your mouth.

Let Sec xI tell them there are no warnings and any antics after that is 5 point reduction in power points. Parents and coaches chirping the whole game would stop immediately.

Also add a shot clock. Use college rules for it

Stifle people/players/coaches and toss them from the game if they disagree with a call. My gosh are you serious. I guess the refs are now infallible heroic figures. They get paid and should know the rules and not be there to collect a paycheck.