Division I Women’s Lacrosse Players of the Week 5-24-22

Offensive Player of the Week

Belle Smith – Boston College

Smith turned in a stellar performance as she helped lead the No. 3 Eagles to a 20-13 win over No. 5 Loyola for their fifth straight trip to the NCAA Division I semifinals. The sophomore fired in a career-high seven goals, tying for the second-most goals in program history in an NCAA Tournament game. Smith’s first score of the contest broke a 4-4 tie and started a 6-1 surge. Four of her goals came in the second half to power the Eagles to a victory. Smith's impressive outing also included two caused turnovers, a ground ball, and a perfect 1.000 shots on goal percentage. Her seven goals match the team-high this season. The Eagles will face No. 2 Maryland this Friday in the semifinals of the Division I NCAA Championship.

Defensive Player of the Week

Madison Doucette – Northwestern University

Doucette, a senior goalkeeper, held No. 4 Syracuse to a season-low four goals in the 15-4 quarterfinal win for No. 6 Northwestern. She recorded a career-high .733 save percentage and registered her fourth 10-plus save game of the season. The Wildcats take on No. 1 North Carolina this Friday in the semifinal round of the NCAA Division I tournament.