Originally Posted by Anonymous
The holdback phenomenon, and in particular the 2026 Crabs, are certainly annoying, but most people just accept it as a fact of lacrosse life and move on, sort of like the teenagers who run the clock and scoreboard at HoCo games being terrible at their jobs. I wonder which team's parents have been lighting up BOTC the past few days beating this dead horse nonstop. My theory is the Hawks - they annointed themselves champions for life in 5th grade, and are struggling with their new status as a run of the mill team. Am I right or wrong?

Right about everything except Hawks parents. There are many many more parents in Baltimore and DC who pop on here and troll. The Crabs exploiting every possible loophole (ancient holdbacks, reclass, fly-Ins, raiding other teams instead of developing talent and so on) made a lot of enemies of families on Looneys, 91, Madlax, DCE etc. Not to mention Long Island parents who take a special pleasure in jumping on an anonymous forum to complain. I guess the crabs are basking in the glory of their “8th grade” championship or at the dealership getting a new set of wheels in time for the holiday for their 2026 prodigy who brought home the hardware.