Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many of you angry post 9/1 parents have ever, just once, spoken to your club directors, coaches, officials at HoCo or tournament operators and asked to change the system ? Ever?

How many of you holdback parents feel for the kids you cheat out of playtime, scholarships, spots on a team and recruitment?

First let me start by saying my kid is on age and I completely understand both sides of this argument but we all have to understand this is not going away. The holdback mentality is being propagated by HS and College coaches; I have been approached on several occasions to do something similar with my son. Our answer was simply no; I don't believe in it, but I also understand why some parent make the decision to hold their son/daughter back. It gives them an edge with the hopes of getting into college with a little financial help. It is what it is ans they are playing the 'game', so lets move on and encourage our kids to keep working hard. In the end they will be better for it both on and off the field.