Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am all for cheering for public schools vs private so I am happy for the win but still tough to cheer for Radnor, the are like private school light.....

Yeah not exactly. Radnor is a public school - no recruiting, no holdbacks, limited funding for their program compared to the inter ac and other private schools. Radnor is so good because of their youth program which has been great for decades now and their coaching. And yet, they still lose tons of players to private schools every year - many private schools' best players are from Radnor and played in theit youth program. I think that it's hard for you to cheer for them because you are either a private school parent or the parent of a struggling public school. I'm sure you would have said the same thing for Conestoga and Springfield in the early and mid 2010's. Give those boys some credit.

Springfield is the only area that can boast their youth programs funnel right up to high school success. They have a true culture. Radnor youth programs are nothing except well funded. Also, if the youth programs were the key then WC East, Rustin and Henderson would all be undefeated as WC youth lax is a whole different level. I give Radnor high props but don't act like their kids are all on age (I know two personally that started school late and know through them of others) or the youth programs leads to their success. The deep pocketed parents paying for year round training are the key.

Springfield Vs Radnor tonight at 7 pm.