Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How about jealous. Is that a better word? Pick one of them because it describes you. Guarantee if your child was selected you wouldn’t be on here complaining. That is a guarantee.
No jealousy, no envy. Can't be either when I don't have a daughter that has ever tried out. It's annoying that people think that the UA means the player is the "best". It doesn't. When girls are making teams that weren't even on a call back? How are they the "best". When girls aren't on the watchlist, but make the Senior team, how are they the "best"? I wish everyone would realize that it's become a joke and hold no weight to whether a player is good or not.

No system is perfect and someone would complain no matter what. What amazes me is that parents think that they can be objective regarding their own kids but no way that judges can.😁. I have coached for a different sport before and these all star teams are really tough. Lots of good girls and only a few looks at each during tryouts.let’s face it attackers are motivated to be selfish at these tryouts, there are so many midfielders that you are lucky to get a few runs in, and defense is darn near impossible to look good when they don’t play together regularly. Other option is to take them on their resume which would have people accusing of favorites again.
These events aren’t the end all, lots of d1 girls have never done or been selected for these events like ua