Originally Posted by Anonymous
Rules I would like to see enacted, changed and/or enforced...

1. 8m, if the defense is called for a false start or a foul, the nearest hash is left open. Additional hashes will be left open for any additional fouls until a successful 8m can be completed.

2. Call the dangerous shot and dangerous follow through. I see way too many follow throughs hitting defenders and far too many to the head. Also, way too many balls being shot over a defender's head.

3. You play with the stick you draw with unless it is altered during play to no longer meet the required specifications. More simply put, no longer allow draw specific sticks unless you are going to play with it afterwards. If you choose to go the FOGO route, you have to eat the play clock as you sub.

4. Offsides is a green card offense and a 1 minute girl down penalty.

5. No checks are allowed to the bottom 1/3 of the offensive players stick. The checking and pulling at the bottom of the stick needs to stop. Any repetitive violations will be subject to a green card and a 1 minute girl down penalty and successive fouls after the first green card are considered a misconduct foul and should be issued a yellow card.

6. The defense, depending on the referees, seemed to be allowed to poke check at offensive players with the ball. This should stop as well. Enforce the existing rules that no checks towards the body are allowed.

7. Call the 3 second violation. Too many zone defenses are violating this rule without consequences.

8. Consider dropping the initial shot clock down to 75 seconds. I see very few shot clock violations and this will continue to speed up play.

9. There is more flopping than I have seen in the past. I also see goggles flying off of heads more often, with/without an actual foul occurring. Seems to me the holding of the head to draw a phantom foul/yellow card has progressed into other scenarios. Not sure how to deal with both scenarios, but additional emphasis should be added to try and address the flopping. It was a point of emphasis this season, but that did not solve the issue. Perhaps a more rigid definition for a block vs. a charge and what will be considered flopping and consideration for a green card for flopping (tough to administer).

10. I see some teams running illegal off ball screens as their entire offensive. Additional clarification and emphasis on calling these fouls needs to occur. You are giving these teams a huge advantage by not calling these fouls.

11. Any others?

Ok, will give it a shot

#1-OK. Problem is it will take more time to set up players. All fields should be properly lined in order for the girls to get in proper position quicker. The game is SOOOO slow with all the time it takes to position girls.

#2-There is enough subjective calls already

#3-Who cares about sticks. It typically doesnt slow down game and all teams have access to same equipment.

#4-1 minute penalty for stepping over line-Not needed. Although I do agree that teams will purposely go offsides to stop a fast break.

#5-Have refs enforce rules already in place although repeated violations can be assessed a green card.

#6-see #5

#7-Full agreement. Watch SBU. As usual SBU coach pushes boundaries and continues to get away with it and funny thing everyone knows it.

#8-Agree

#9-Agree-except we have bad refs making many judgement calls and this just adds to the number of bad calls that will occur. If refs are in agreement in some instances then call the flop.

#10-Just like in basketball the "cutter" setting "moving" screens is now the basis for many offensive schemes. Again.... do we want incompetent refs calling this. Agree with premise but dont see it as enforceable

Refs need to call offensive charges much more for the protection of offensive and defensive players. Way too much contact initiated by offensive players.

Most important and related to above.... stop rewarding bad plays such as running into double/triple teams and getting rewarded with 8m free position and calls against defensive players. Maybe use "common sense" when making these calls.