Dangerous shots yes…. Not sure about the Ball Hog accusation…. Not everyone who goes to goal or takes a lot of shots is a Ball Hog… she is a great player.[/quote]

Good players, offensive players primarily attackers who take a lot of shots will put 70% and above of their shots on goal (the really good ones will be close to 80% SOG) and they will score on 50% or more of their shots (the really good ones will be close to 60%). When you see players taking a lot of shots and their Shots on goal is below .700 and their overall shooting percentage is below .500 they are probably a "Ball Hog" because they are taking shots that should not be taken. Drop below .400 and they should most likely should be moving the ball instead of going to the goal. CN is way up there at .803 and .591 for her career.[/quote]

Final Four is set.... It will all come down to Goalie Play and Team Defense. Northwestern had a great year but they will not make it to the finals.

Where are the know nothing Maryland haters?

As for CN haters, She is a great player, is she The Best? The best at what? BC could win without her goal scoring but they could not win without a very good goalie, very good defenders, very good "draw team" all three players (CN contributes there as well) and very good two way midfielders and very good coaching. Its a team game and scoring goals is only a part of it.

As far as being a "Ball Hog", CN is not a ball hog, not even close. Ball hogs are selfish and will always hurt their team, in most cases they will hurt their team in the most competitive and important game.

As of today, CN has a YTD shooting percentage of .529 and she has a Shots on Goal percentage of .742 (career at BC .558 & .803) she takes good quality high percentage shots and she operates as a cog in her coaches offensive scheme.

As one of the above posts points out, the "Ball Hogs" will not have numbers anywhere near CN. Ball Hogs will score some goals but their shooting percentage will be low. Show me a player taking a lot of shots with a below .700 Shots on Goal percentage for their career and a below .400 shooting percentage and I will show you a selfish player (Ball Hog) who will most certainly hurt their team. Selfish players do not make the players around them better, they do not help their teammates and they ultimately hurt their team. Good coaches do not allow selfish play.

I would love to see a Goalie, Defender or two way midfielder win the T but I do not believe it will happen this year. My guess is it will go to an Attacker on the team that wins The National Championship (all of them are excellent). It's just very difficult to quantify the value that other players bring, much easier to count goals.

Good Luck to all.

Go Terps!!![/quote]
You need to get over yourself. The shots on goal percentage is the densest stat ever. Plenty of ball hogs will have a high shots on goal percentage. Would rather have a player who is trying to hit corners and misses than throwing into the goalies stick over and over. Your whole post is drivel but my favorite ones are " good coaches do not allow selfish play" and " Ball hogs are selfish and will always hurt their team"[/quote]

Wow, it appears that he struck a nerve. While I would somewhat agree with you about shooting for corners if we were discussing Men's Lacrosse where guys are ripping it from 12 - 15 yards and beyond but in the women's game the guy is spot on. Good Attackers push .500 or better shooting percentage and they put close to .800 of their shots on goal maybe .775 or better. Selfish players absolutely hurt their team in more ways than one. Do you really believe that good coaches allow selfish play?