Originally Posted by Anonymous
Shame on parents for letting their kids play club? Sure there are rec programs and I would wager a lot of them probably play it. But what if the kid wants to play more? I know mine does. Maybe they aren't the best, but WTFC in 6th grade if the kid is behind the curve? I say god bless the parents who pay for their kid to play club, travel with their kid, likely play catch with their kid and organize playdates on the field with friends to help them improve. You can get close to a perfect fit (re skill level) between A-AAAA, but there are other factors that every lax parent has to deal with....managing expectations, available teams in your area, do your son's friends play on it (which is HUGE for a 6th grader)?, etc. Also, the DMV is a lax hot bed...so a lot of kids have been playing since they could walk...but maybe your kid started "late" (say 4th or 5th grade...which is funny). If the team stinks....oh, well, they have a lot of years to get better.

Elite teams blah blah blah. You need to chill out likely hawks or NL dad.

Thanks everyone, I’m sick of driving over and hour for a team that does not value my son, period. We are late to the club game, which is laughable when you think about it. Koopers would be super close to home, so we will give more thought to the tryouts available. Some good questions asked. I have asked these question of breakers and I think unless they gain interest from some new to club kids it won’t move forward. I want to keep expectations reasonable, let my kid show what he can do. Try not to be one of “those” parents