Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard that MDU was bought by True this past week. Is this true? I think this will negatively impact MDU in a huge way....if true

Prices will definitely go up, but they will also train more.

To be fair, the training at True is quite good. They just have never had a girls program with talent. However, with the uncertainty I would expect many girls to start lookign around.
If true then these are two evenly balanced pools. I just hope I get to see Madskillz play Aces. What a matchup. Bottom line is our Mid Atlantic NGLL team should be favored. Out of state teams play very few NGLL games against weak competition. At least our top 3 teams will have played 3-4 good, close games this spring. That matters. Should have way more chemistry. That being said, Eagle Stix game will be a war.

Madskillz/Aces will be a great game. Probably a 16-13 kinda game will lots of scoring at a fast tempo and not that much defense.

Remember though that the NY and GA girls have been playing with their high school varsity and JV teams over the past 2 months against bigger stronger competition. Thats why GA does NGLL so early and and NY so late.

Personally, i think Aces will beat MS just based on their edge on defense and LaxIQ. I think Eagle Stix and M&D will be a close 1-2 goal game. I would lean towards ES just because of their offensieve execution but wouldn't be surprised if the MD team wins. I think a lot will depend on when they play the MD champ. If they play in the first pool play game, I think that's a big edge for the MD team.

In the final, i would make the MD/ES winner a pretty decent favorite.

There are at least 3 top teams playing this weekend for the MD champs, how did you get to M&D playing in the tournament. Hey BLC is legit and beat M&D already, my money is on BLC this Saturday.

Its MD for Maryland champion.