I hear you and agree, I like grade based, but your argument is a bit flawed. 3 things that are happening:

1).Families are holding back their kids before school starts (not necessarily for sports)
2). Families are holding kids back in 2nd/3rd grade (what ever the reason - Seamless the student in LETS SAY WHEN THEY GO INTO 6TH GRADE - and definitely seamless to colleges by the time recruiting years come by)
3). Colleges are suggesting the 9th grade hold back (attend a private and repeat 9th).

At least on the boys side

Originally Posted by Anonymous
powder I don't know or care what your first love is .But it clearly isn't lax, It sounds like you want lacrosse to be basketball or soccer, and if you like those rules better than have your kid play those sports. But do us a favor and stop comparing Lax to soccer or b-ball. You might like the U designation, and it might fit soccer, but lax is driven by a single engine, college recruitment. If you and Cage see this, thats on you two. Most college coaches don't care if a kid started school early or late because of there birthdate, they only care about when is this kid available to me. furthermore, any idiot that leaves there kid back to gain an advantage over other kids in lacrosse is really only doing there kid harm. How many colleges are going to accept someone that couldn't complete a grade in primary or secondary school over a kid that did with higher grades. All students are still subject to every schools academic standards