General comments on the last couple of pages on here:
-If a team thinks they are over matched and revert to a zone, good coaching move. I do agree that zone at this age should be an outlier and kids need to be able to play man, but plenty of d principles are taught in zone as well.
-The team anyone plays on is their choice and can leave if they are not happy with playing time. Training and practice competition is certainly a consideration
-Venom/Surge in the same bracket-my guess is the organization was more concerned with Surge being discouraged in a blowout vs. Venom than an upset.
-There are warts in every program
-Like life, biases exist as does favoritism. Yes, coach's kid in any program get longer leash and benefit of the doubt and the nod. Gotta earn your time. Everyone on the sideline can see when a coach is protecting his son too much.
-Parents are more concerned about winning than the kids. Its the parents that initiate the team jumping whether the training is good or not. Loyalty is to winning. No one likes to lose. human nature. cream rises... at some point the parental maneuvering becomes irrelevant and its up to the kid if he has the passion and devote to it...

Just my view, not the answer or a let me tell you how it is... Legacy will be just fine in my view as well...