Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
20 bucks for semis or 30 bucks for semis and finals. 10 bucks parking per day. Not sure what they have charged in the past, but I imagine the student sections will be affected. They should cut the student tickets in half if they are looking for good crowds.

Its not about the actual dollar amount of the event, its the fact that it is a HS game, steeped in tradition, that should be a way to celebrate Maryland's lacrosse community. If the money was going to the HS thats great. Money going to cover costs of $200,000 for a HS game, idiotic. Move back to Hopkins or Towson, park for free or $4 and pay $10 to get in. Playing in Navy Stadium makes no sense.

Meh.....if you knew any Annapolis sports parents/alumni (STM etc) you would know the AA County crowd is perennially ga ga over all things Navy. They (including public school parents) also rival any Towson MIAA crowd in terms of entitlement vis a vis "ANNAPOLIS IS THE BEST CITY IN AMERICA! ALL THE TRADITION!" Why in the world would they want to blow $30 on gas to drive to Towson? USNA is a good (not great) venue and obviously is a tourist draw. Compared to "Come to Towson U, and check out the new Whole Foods. So cool." Or JHU "just make sure you leave before the sun goes down, get some great Indian take-out on your way back to I-83!"

I'm a Baltimore MIAA dad so I would prefer the games be up here, but oh well??? There's multiple AACO teams in the playoffs and at least one will go deep. What's really to complain about....our kids already play an exorbitantly expensive sport and live in one of the most expensive areas of the USA. Boo hoo $30.

I do think that students (of any school) should be able to attend for free.