Originally Posted by Anonymous
Madskillz is loaded and must be well coached. They can win it all.

I think Eagle Stix is less talented than some of the others…but their offense is precise. They have picked our team apart from X hitting cutters. They also have the best (or one the best) draw girls in this class. She is tall and good…did not see her at fall tourney though, so who knows.

Good bet that it’ll be Aces versus the MD champ on TV Sunday. If it’s M&D, take them all day long. They have Aces number.

All depends on the draw. 4 teams clearly better than the rest -- ES, M&D, MadS, Aces. Assume they are put in different groups. I think whoever get Aces will have an easier road. Best performance was a tie against an undermanned YJ A with losses to MDU, Heros and M&D.

My guess is Robinson sports puts Aces in M&D's group for this reason. Hard to convince me that Eagle Stix and M&D aren't in crash course in the final
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I were a Maryland team (assume M&D, Hero's or BLC for conversation purposes)....The order I would NOT want to play. And this is based off my daughter playing all 3 various times

Eagle Stix
Aces
Madskilz
YJ

All 4 are great. But for different reasons

Eagle Stix has a big draw girl. Who is really good. She was hurt in the fall...and her replacement was as good or better. They are technically sound. Passing is on point. They do not turn the ball over. And they are extremely patient. Talent wise you think you are better than them. Only to look up and you are down 3 with 5 minutes to go. They are a handful. It was surprising when M&D handled them with ease in NGLL final last year. But they came back a totally different team. Eagle Stix is the favorite to be in the final.

Aces plays fast. Their middies are skilled. The lefty who everyone knows is a beast. Small. But still a beast. And her penalty shot is a lethal weapon. Their main issue is goaltending (my opinion). Not horrible. But not elite. They can score quickly. My opinion is offensively they are right their with the best teams. Defense is a bit reckless. They wear helmets and play a bit careless sometimes. But I respect their game and they score quickly. M&D and Hero's played them a combined 6-7 times last year and they always seemed to lose by exactly 1 goal every time

Madskilz is fast. They play wide open. Fun to watch. Similar to Aces. But faster. Maybe not as technical. But you are going to get 48 (or however many minutes it is) of full effort from those guys. Did I mention they are really fast?

My only question is why is nobody talking about YJ? They are really good and have a heck of a top roster. Not very deep. But their top 12-14 is as good as anyone. They control the pace (similar to BLC)

Other regions are there for field trip only. Enjoy the sites.

My ranking among possible contenders to win the whole thing:

EagleStix
Hero's
M&D
Aces
Madskilz
YJ
BLC

Nobody else has a chance (no offense meant).

Will be easier once brackets are out. Good luck to all 6 Mid-Atlantic teams participating over the next 2 weekends.

Love to know how you have this much knowledge about a bunch of teams from out of state.