Originally Posted by Anonymous
Manhasset looking at four straight losses-Darien, GC, CSH, Cham. Have they EVER had a four game losing streak?
I believe there was a win or two between the Darien and GC games. Somewhat of a disappointing season so far for Set, but they've been close in every loss, and all will be forgiven if they can beat Mt. Sinai (an uphill battle for sure, but certainly a possibility). They've had years where they won a bunch of big games but choked in the playoffs.

Darien just beat St. Anthony's 19-18 in one of the wildest high school games you'll ever see. St. Anthony's was up 18-14 with just over two minutes left and the game seemingly in hand. Darien then went nuclear, and buried the winner with one second left.

19 -18. Wow defensive coaching at its finest.
I just watched the last 3 minutes of that game. St. A's was completely lost defensively on all of it. The 15th goal there was a slide to double WAY out high and no recovery/rotation.

St. A's had a chance to close it out and they lost the ball to a double team with Darien pulling the goalie. That was way too easily dislodged and they had a decent angle to shoot on an open net. I don't like how St. A's played that possession.

They could have sent a pole to play behind while Darien was killing clock.

None of this takes away from a heck of a comeback from Darien. They earned it.