Originally Posted by Anonymous
An 18 year old freshman vs a 24 year old senior is NOT the same as a 19 year old HS senior who is 3 months from his 20th birthday playing against 14 & 15 year old true freshman and sophomores.

I 100% agree with this statement but who cares, you guys are arguing a point that will never change. Just try and enjoy the ride with your son.
Excuses, excuses, sport like life, is never going to be fair. The negativity and excuses filter down to the kids. Teach them to deal and move on.

A few questions
1- how bad is your program that you have so many 14 year olds on varsity
2- how bad are those 14 year olds that they are concerned about playing older kids (the good players we know want to play against the best and play with out fear.)
3- what league are you in that your bad program with so many weak Freshman and sophomores on varsity plays programs with 20 year old Seniors? Maybe get off this message board and go talk to your school board and coaches about playing a softer schedule.
4- Do you keep score at and count scrimmages as wins?
5- Are you really projecting how soft you and your son are on a message board. Problems not a problem for anyone other than the parents who want their kid to be better than they actually are.
6- The only real argument is the St Anthony one where they believe they would have beat St Johns if there were no holdbacks (doesnt make much sense though as Sophmores and Juniors were a large part of that Meanywhipping.)

bet that took you 30 minutes to type.. and its nice to see you figure out the you're/your conundrum.
Thanks! I went to prep school and lead the organization so dont pay attention on conference calls.....also holding my son back so he can go to Prep School and play against top talent. Basically lacrosse is getting him a better education than not having lacrosse would. He will play club on age but to be clear, he has never ever complained about going against holdbacks. He sees at as a challenge. The move to Prep School and holding him back moves him from a mid day 1 prospect to a top tier......but doesnt matter as Im happy if he stops playing lacrosse and leverages the amazing education he is getting. We dont complain in our house. We work and find our niche......thank you for not calling out my lack of apostrophes.
By the way, do you keep scores at scrimmages and consider it a win if your team has more goals?