Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by KPlax35
My son is going into 7th grade and he would like to play for a club travel team this year. Last year he played on our town travel team that competed in both PAL, as well as a half dozen tournaments. He is going to play for the town team again this year, but would also like to try out for a club team. He is an average to slightly better than average player, so we are looking for a program where he will have a chance of making the team and also will get an opportunity to play.

I know my son does not have the skills yet to play for clubs like Team 91 and Express, but I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a solid club team with a good reputation in Suffolk County (preferably on the North Shore). Thanks!

Legacy is a new club. Riptide is also a decent club that is based in Islip. There are many good clubs on the island, you just have to find the one that works for your child. True Blue is based in West Islip (I think) HDD is also a Suffolk based team I believe.

Legacy is based in East Islip, with only 2021 team now, but adding other grades, depending on response/tryouts.

Riptide is Islip, as mentioned above.

Havoc Dune Dawgs (HDD) is Dowling based, but I think they practice in a few different Suffolk locations.

True Blue is from the Merrick area.

A lot of the programs listed on the right will have B,C teams where your son might fit.. Call some clubs, go to tryouts, depending on open positions you might find a fit..

HDD has an A, B, and C team for 2019, all with quality coaches