Originally Posted by Anonymous
API used to have a good program - the market has become saturated.

That's certainly part of it. But they've had backyard competition (Sidewinders, about 5 miles away) for 10+ (I think) years. Sure, the failed Mesa-MD effort and "True Severna Park" (lol) is less than helpful. But it is not awfully difficult to have a "decent lacrosse product" (from Elite to A to Rec) and have it be a profitable enterprise.

The owner's comment of "too many complaints" tells me that it used to be easier to recruit a good roster (at whatever level) and parents' expectations were lower. Again, take a look at the Sidewinders page, it discusses coach:player ratios, average practices per year (85), touches per practice etc.

As a business owner I look at the API owner's attitude about this and kind of write it off as, "It used to be easy for me to net $90K/year out of this, now it takes 3x as much work to net $200K." His choice as the head of Diamondbacks I guess, but I hope he does not expect anyone to feel sympathy that parents today expect a better product (and more of it) than parents 10 years ago.....and today's parents are being charged to the hilt for it.