Originally Posted by Anonymous
You guys are missing the point. Maybe 91 is the best at this age group right now, but that will all change in the next couple of years because girls will start jumping ship to other programs. It has happened every year for the past 10 years. The main reason is because 91 is not in any top brackets in any tournaments let along any top tournaments. At the end of the day 5/6 years from now it is all about playing in those top brackets and getting seen by as many college coaches as possible. 91 will never be in those top brackets!!! It comes down to the overall program gets no respect from the Maryland/NJ clubs. More than half those girls will be on Yellow jackets or top guns in the next 3 years. Just is what it is.

I think you are right for most other 91 age groups. The fact that B Spalling coaches the 29 girls gives them some credibility. His teams get unlimited indoor use when they want and he will practice 3x a week in the winter. As long as he sticks around this age group will be very good. If they are very good they will play in very good tourneys. Love him or detest him, he’s a good coach. I agree that the rest of the 91 teams will have a very hard time drawing top talent.

He will leave the first chance he gets to YJ just like J Spallina. 91 will not keep or get top talent except for a few which will eliminate them from playing in top tournaments. In addition, the fact that he will ensure that HIS kid gets the spotlight should make you run away faster. Unlimited indoor use that YOU pay for.....he doesnt. You can find hundreds of conversations regarding daddy coaches on BOTC. Look them up.

Are his other nieces on 91?

Another perspective here. My youngest daughter is a 29 and plays on YJ. Her best friend played one year of rec and then joined Team 91 this year. After seeing her play a few days ago, I was shocked by the progress. While I can't comment on whether this club will break through, the coaching is clearly quite good.

Personally, I'd like to see them succeed. But for this to happen, they need to upgrade their schedule asap. the best girls need game experience and want to play against better teams. This even more than club reputation will lead girls to leave.