Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Originally Posted by Anonymous
some of the tryouts are held at indoor facilities that I would assume charge the club a fee. I can see the justification in that case as well as if there are other expenses that I'm not thinking about. Otherwise, I suppose it is pretty crappy that there is a fee.
In the situation where an indoor facility is used to offer tryouts, isn't that a cost of being "in business" for the lacrosse organization? The question is why these costs are not factored into the full year costs for the accepted players? Shouldn't the accepted players be the cost bearers?

No, I don't think so. From a business perspective, it's what the market will allow. From a justification perspective, everyone attending gets some benefit from the tryout ans should thus share in its cost. When my daughter was younger I had her try out for clubs that we had no intention of being involved with becuase it was basically a cheap clinic and good practive for trying out at the club that did matter

I disagree about the clinic aspect you cite. Tryouts are drills and scrimmages, no one is working with any tryer-outers to help them or correct them or even encourage them. It's purely "show your stuff," as far as I have seen.