Originally Posted by Anonymous
what are the number if you take out conference games, that are required.

What would be the point of that? All games count, what purpose would taking out conference games serve?

It is what it is, Duke consistently plays a more difficult schedule than all but a handful of teams. Conference, non-conference it doesn't matter, they all count.

Why some on here want to spin it any other way seems very strange to me. What could their agenda possibly be? Personally I could care less who Duke plays but the facts are the facts, they play a very competitive schedule.

Lol, that’s funny. Duke is an average team who will be exposed soon enough. Look at their history. They have never won anything except one conference title almost 20 years ago. They just don’t attract the best girls. Not sure why but I have feeling it’s due to the coaching.

Just compare the men's program to the women's and you get the same answer. All the same advantages from a recruiting perspective with different results when it comes to winning time.
Women- 7 NCAA semi-finals (1 in last 10 years), 0 finals and 0 championships
Men- 12 NCAA semi-finals (5 in the last 10 years), 6 finals (3 in the last 10 years) and 3 championships (2 in the last 10 years)

This is really getting comical. Keep moving the goalpost and the narrative. Now we are comparing Duke Men's and Women's Teams? I just do not get the obsession with trying to diminish Duke.

The Facts are the Facts.

Duke plays a more competitive schedule every year than all but a small number of teams.

Duke, by all accounts is a stronger program than at least 100 other programs.

Duke has accomplished more than probably all but maybe 10 - 15 programs.

Sorry, I just do not understand the detest or the attempts to knock Duke or spread misinformation.

I truly believe it a jealousy or inferiority thing. Either way it's all a bit nutty to me.

Comparing Duke to the entire universe of D1 lacrosse is silly. That being said, here are their final rankings over the last 5 seasons. Ranked in the top 10-1, top 25-2, unranked- 2. For the unranked, they were less than the 25th ranked team. During that same time, they are 12-39 against teams ranked in the top 25 with only 4 top 10 wins. Their ranking is actually being lifted more by losing to good teams then beating them!!! No matter how you do the math, they are not a top 10-15 team the last 5 seasons.

IWLCA FINAL RANK
2021- #8
2019- #21
2018- unranked
2017- unranked
2016- #11

TOP 25 WIN/LOSS RECORD & TOP 10 WINS
2021- 3-7 (1 vs. #8)
2019- 2-8 (1 vs. #9)
2018- 2-9 (1 vs. #8)
2017- 0-8 (0 wins)
2016- 5-7 (1 vs. #10)

Here we go again, just like a previous post stated.... Move the goal post and change the narrative. I will take the numbers as being accurate but if you say Duke is not a Top 10 - 15 team, How in the world does a teams like Stony Brook get ranked in the Top 10 even The Top 5? Makes no sense.