Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
They also got beat by a bunch of 9th graders today….maybe bbp is not worth all the hype

They are definitely not that great. I think they have a good amount of decent players, not big time stars. That is enough to do well in HS tournaments, where most teams just have no depth. Will be worse this year because HS sports are down in participation just like everything else. If a girl isn’t committed to play in college, or hopeful to commit, good chance she isn’t playing this year “just for fun”. Makes it hard for teams to do well. I think teams like NP, MS, and BBP have enough girls who can catch and pass to go far. It’s also easy to “catch an eye” when you’re not playing top competition. As for BBP being beat by a “bunch of 9th graders”. I’m not surprised. This is a top travel team with many talented girls just coming into their own. Not a fair comparison

The BBP team that lost indoors to a bunch of ninth graders was the Bayport 2 team with a bunch of ninth graders. But nice try. Highly doubt they beat the BBP 1 team.
BBP going on a few year run, starting right where they left off!
While the loss at Spooky Nook was to a better team.