Originally Posted by Anonymous
IMO, CH will continue to dominate the league by hoarding numbers- simply keeping kids from going to competing schools. This won’t change until the parents figure it out and kids want to see more PT. McD also buys success but targets fewer kids than CH. They are more choosy and should have plenty of talent to win it all this year. They seem to have the right combo of getting the right kids, not every kid. BL has talent and great coaching and can give them both a run, but need to have their best day to win. AS may be the team to beat, but I think the film is out on them. In the rest, LB lost all the talent, but the politics remain. On the field, the defense is ok, offense not so much. Very similar thing going on down at STM. Don’t think either will be in the hunt. StP and Gil are wild cards with the new coaches. Could be good or still a year or two out. Gonna bet a few years out because I think their older classes are lacking. StP does have a ‘24 who looks like a game changer. MSJ is running the program like an A team, finally. But the talent just isn’t there either. Tough to recruit to MSJ for some reason. They need to keep those local Catonsville kids home. JC also a question- have a couple good pieces. But probably too young. Middle classes are lacking. Severn looks like they will have a long season. Competing with STM and now AS for talent has really hurt them. Their middle and lower classes are empty. Could use a transfer or two. May want to think about dropping down to regroup for a couple years.

I agree with a lot of this post with a couple exceptions. StM has some nice pieces on Offense and their D is always good. I think they compete and get a playoff win. LB defense is elite not “ok.” And Severn will lack depth but have some top level talent at a couple offensive positions. Also have arguably the best FOGO in MIAA.
CHC wins it.