Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am disappointed in the help my sons B team is giving in terms of recruiting. Is there a place I can find upcoming showcases and tournaments? I am a single mom and this is my first kid so no clue how to find these things.

Contact the school coaches he is interested in. The coaches will let him know when they have prospect camps. He'll need to fill out a recruiting form on their website.

First get really good highlights together, do not exceed 3 min. Put the best highlights first. And send that out with an engagement letter to every school your son is interested in and can play at. And catalog the responses and non responses from each email and plan showcases and prospect days accordingly. Keep the letter simple, intro, personal bio and reasons the school is on the short list of schools. Finish it off with good luck with the upcoming season, I look forward to meeting you and your coaching staff at upcoming prospect day and/or campus visit. Also include your summer tourney schedule and see which one they might be attending.

Good luck

Do yourself a favor and zero in on the BEST SCHOOLS offering academics pertaining to the career field he has an interest in. For example, if he has an interest in becoming a pharmacist, why would you send him to a school with a strong business program, if he has no interest in business, just to play lacrosse?