Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are all High School Public and Private Leagues using the new standard for every player to have a noscoe rated chest protector/shoulder pad this year? Even youth leagues
Uhmm….A kid almost died…who cares if it’s a new standard…Just buy it and be safe….

Didnt ask that. People and children die from many things. Many Kids suffocate on plastic garbage bags every year ? Tragedy for those families, Why are the bags around?

Asking as it seems like there is a debate on possible holding off until next year. Anyone heard ?

Wow. You sound like an awesome parent… NOT! Don’t most parents want the safest equipment available for their kids? Why are you pushing back on it? If one kid died because of unsafe equipment… that’s a good enough reason to require safer.

If it has been proven to be safer and studied to be so. Makes sense to require it. Or… Do you think it’s just people trying to make $s?

Sorry Mom to get you all upset. Anymore hyperbole Strawman arguments. Do you fight to have the speed limit back to 55 ? Over a Thousand more children are injured/killed each year once speed limit was raised back up. Much worst problem for you to concentrate on and ride high on your horse.

I certainly feel better when my kids are in an automobile wearing a seatbelt and one that has airbags that hopefully will never be needed. Or, should I keep my 77 Impala with no airbags and lap belts and drive my kids around in that? Why buy a car that is safer, with safety equipment we may never need? Just smart! So, if you want to take chances with your kids life when there is clearly a better option as to not to have to, you do that! DAF parent!

The Kids killed because of speed limit raised? Many Prob. Had parents that didn’t enforce seat belt wearing?!

But if we can save one child, shouldnt we change the law to 55 ?

I have feeling these will become like cups and mouthguards - you know the rules, so don't complain (or sue) when you get hurt when you don't comply.