Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My belief is that conferences already with the sport will have the next schools to add. I would think Texas would be a great add with a lax only venue and a strong club team but they along with Oklahoma are moving to SEC. No women’s lacrosse teams in that conference and the only NCAA team in Texas is U of Dallas(D3). Too much travel expenses for those teams to add unless the whole conference decided to add it. Hopefully with more growth in the those states over the next few years it will happen.

Watch out for ACC schools- NCState, Georgia Tech, Florida State, Miami and Wake Forest

AAC(American)-Florida Atlantic, UNC Charlotte stated 2 years ago they were adding WLax but seems to have stalled,

PAC 12 and the west coast- hopefully as the MPSF conference only has 2 teams- UC Davis and San Diego state.

CAA-College of Charleston, Northeastern, UNC Wilmington

ASUN-Bellamine, Central Arkansas, Florida Gulf Coast, UNorth Florida, Eastern Kentucky, Cleveland State

How about a school like West Virginia? Close to many lax schools but they are currently in Big 12. There is a tremendous amount of realignment as football schools look to grab TV $$. So who knows what the future will bring.

I love your enthusiasm but the reality is there isn’t enough talent to go around.

Not all of these but could see a few more added.
Rumor has it NJIT in the NEC and Miami U Ohio in the MAC are the next to add. If you look at those both of those conferences it makes a lot of sense. NJIT already has a men’s team. Based on rumors Florida State (ACC) could also. Great opportunity for women. Girl Power!!!