Originally Posted by Anonymous
What’s hilarious is that Mad Dog National (with several Nationals players) won the tournament and beat Madlax 8-0 in the semi-finals

Yes, it is fun for Madlax detractors when one of their teams gets beaten, but like it or not, this event was a massive success for MadLax. It used to be a joke tournament with only MadLax' own teams and B level competition in attendance. But now it draws the very best national and regional all-star teams, plus the top-ranked "real" teams. Most of the MadLax teams finished at or near the top of large, elite fields. For example, the 2027 MadLax team went 4-1, with its only loss to Mad Dog Nationals, ranked #2 in US Club lax rankings, and they beat Nation's Best, which seems to have taken the place of Nationals, 7-5. The 2026 MadLax team went 3-2, losing to SweetLax and LI Express CoachC, the top two teams in the country. The 2025 MadLax team won its division, beating Crabs, West Coast Starz, Sweetlax. The 2029 ML team finished second, losing 8-4 to Nation's Best, in the finals. If I were Cabell (trust me, I am not) I would far prefer to have elite competition and my own teams win some/lose some, rather than a cream puff event where my teams collect all the trophies.

There is so much bad information here, its truly amazing. Nationals didn't cheat last year, that's incorrect and just an excuse that parents use when their teams lose. The clubs that run the Club Nationals Tournament don't like Nationals poaching their players and are trying to end Nationals business model, by boxing them out of tournaments. Plain and simple. And Mad Dog '27 was essentially Nationals '27 from last year, but for a few players. We need some fact checking here.

Player(s) played for one team, and the same day switched jerseys and played for Nationals. Multiple opposing players and coaches witnessed and reported it. If you don't consider that to be cheating, or if you deny it happened and say that opposing parents made it up, that would explain why Nationals are no longer welcome at very many tournaments.

Pleeeeeease...which shellacking felt worse? Last years by Nationals '27 or this years shutout by Mad Dog '27? The Mad Dog National vs. MadLax National game wasn't even competitive. I think you guys had 1 shot! Did Mad Dog cheat too?!?!?!?

You must not have been watching the Mad Dog game very closely, because the Mad Dog goalie had some great saves. But to answer your question, last years game felt much worse, because in that one the opponent cheated. But I am glad they got caught, glad you don't deny it, and glad that the cheaters won't be coming back.

I watched the entire game, and Madlax barely had the ball, so yeah it wasn't competitive. It had nothing to do with Mad Dog's goalies. And for the record, I am denying that Nationals '27 cheated last year. They didnt have kids playing on multiple '27 rosters and didnt cheat. They were just A LOT better than Madlax. Sorry bud!