Originally Posted by Anonymous
Reforming a folded club more news to follow!

Jesters? In my opinion we need less clubs and ones that actually have competitive B teams vs secondary club A teams. Legacy/Rush in this grade is a great example of what we need more of. Look at how Legacy put themselves together originally… I believe they absorbed the Dune Dawgs and Tide, and now taking another step in that direction, in this grade anyway. Reforming a folded club won’t work unless it’s a combination of 3 or 4 clubs, again in my opinion. I am also of the option that any new should be different and avoid the typical headliners, less expensive vs big clubs, one team only, limited roster, no dad coaches, nobody really cares about that. The expectation is practice year round with dedicated, reputable and fully engaged coaches.

What we need is some ex lax Wall Street billionaire who could care less about whether the club makes any money. All of these clubs are businesses first which leads to all the problems (daddy coaches, big rosters, pay for play clinics, rising tuitions, diluted B and C teams, conflicted tournament selection)

Well they should make money. But there is way to offer a product and produce a great product. The problem is too many value winning above all else.

If you want less clubs, stop paying for them. If you think prices are too high, stop paying them. You think rosters are too large, find a smaller one. Here’s the issue, their is a lot of expendable income in the LI lax community. Many people will pay just so that their kid plays a sport he likes and gets better at it. The big clubs charge a lot because there is a line of suckers at the door with open checkbooks. People think that if their kid plays for 91 or Express they are going to be recruited to a top D1 program. It’s simply not true. Look no further than the current recruitment class. The Bandit have 10 absolute studs on their team. They are all committed to great programs. However, they also have 10-12 slightly above average kids that are not getting a single call because they don’t play. Furthermore, big clubs have a definite pecking order when it comes to recruiting. 91 is already pushing the Wolfpack kids over the 2nd line Bandits. The bottom line is that your kid needs to play. Find the best team that gets him on the field. And do it now, because next year is too late.