Originally Posted by Anonymous
Multi sport athletes are great but in this day and age it is virtually impossible to play at a high level in two sports

Just because your kid doesn’t play travel for multiple
sports doesn’t mean they aren’t well rounded athletes

Maybe they play tennis recreationally or shoot hoops with their friends every day

Don’t confuse multi sport with multi travel sport

wrong. At my kids high school the 3 best midfielders ....one plays football, one soccer, one hockey. Getting the stick out of a kids hand is the best thing ever. As the Duke coach said "there is nothing more boring than a one sport athlete. Vast majority of my players played 2 spors in high school."

All things being equal, college coaches will pick the two sport varsity athlete over the lax only kid 100% of the time. Most of the best lax players in HS are very athletic and typically play more than one varsity sport thru HS.

Things are rarely if ever equal. The reality is that coaches want the best athletes.

And the best athletes almost always plays more than one varsity sport in HS. That was my point.

Yes, we are agreeing. Bottom line when you cut through all the BS is that coaches want the best athletes. They do not recruit kids because they play multiple sports, they recruit them because they are good athletes. The best athletes are able to play multiple sports.