Facts 1000%, but the youth sports industry doesn't care. Travel teams want their players 365/year. It's sad and not healthy for the kids, but too many parents buy in.

My son plays football. I also coach. He loves it, but also loves lax. It's 2 practices, one walkthru and a game per week. With practice you need to be there, you can't miss one practice a week and expect to know what you are doing. He was invited to join a couple of the better travel lax programs. When we asked about flexibility with football, it was pretty clear that lax had to be #1, unless he wanted to learn to play goalie. We opted to just stick with a lower level travel program that was super flexible and doesn't care when players miss things for in season sports. He had one light practice a week with his club during the fall. The winter stuff has started up, and I can see he's a little behind the guys who went full tilt all fall, but that's the tradeoff.

From the FB coaching standpoint, some things popped up this past season w/ regards to travel lax. There is one well known program on LI that was practicing 3-4 days a week this fall. We had 3 FB players in that program. Between practicing/playing the in season sport and the out of season club team, these 3 kids were on a field 7 days a week. The days they weren't at football practice, they were at lacrosse practice. All 3 were burnt out and under performed. One player was so exhausted that we removed him from a football game in the 3rd quarter because he was sitting on the turf between plays. These issues were of course addressed with parents, but they were not hearing it. Another issue came up with a player another well known club coming to playoff game after playing an early AM lax tourney. Player was of course exhausted, underperformed and had to be removed from the game. IDK called me old fashioned, but I think football or soccer should take precedence over travel lacrosse/baseball in the fall.