Originally Posted by Anonymous
Depends on how you define Top program. Many girls, especially from private schools, are only targeting top academic schools which is Duke, Stanford, Candy Hopkins, Ivy, Patriot league and a few others. Without knowing girls, its hard to say how many had top 20 offers.

For instance our club just had a girl turn down offers from Syracuse and Florida to go to Davidson. Another turned down Penn State and Stony Brook to go to Lehigh. Remember not all girls are trying to get the best lax school, they are looking for the best school
No
No way anyone turns down Penn State or SB for Lehigh. That’s actually funny! Also Florida for Davidson?? You definitely do not know what actually happened. Stop making up nonsense.

There are also no girls who have “outstanding offers” and have not decided. From hear on out, we will see girls commit to lower programs. A rare girl may still commit to a top 15, but not many

not so sure. penn state and sb are very very weak academically. Lehigh is a real school

Lol, Lehigh is a good school, but no comparison to a school like Penn State that gives the total college experience and has the strongest Alumni network. I know several recent PSU grads that immediately got great high paying jobs right out of college. I also know that SB is a top rated NYS school that offers extremely competitive majors and reasonable cost. In addition both of those schools have competitive lacrosse. Lehigh does not.[/quote]
Depends on how you define Top program. Many girls, especially from private schools, are only targeting top academic schools which is Duke, Stanford, Candy Hopkins, Ivy, Patriot league and a few others. Without knowing girls, its hard to say how many had top 20 offers.

For instance our club just had a girl turn down offers from Syracuse and Florida to go to Davidson. Another turned down Penn State and Stony Brook to go to Lehigh. Remember not all girls are trying to get the best lax school, they are looking for the best school

No way anyone turns down Penn State or SB for Lehigh. That’s actually funny! Also Florida for Davidson?? You definitely do not know what actually happened. Stop making up nonsense.

There are also no girls who have “outstanding offers” and have not decided. From hear on out, we will see girls commit to lower programs. A rare girl may still commit to a top 15, but not many

Not the poster, so I have no knowledge that this actually happened (girls turning down Penn State and Florida), but I can definitely see it. The schools they referenced are certainly academically superior. I am seeing more and more these days, players making decisions like this. If you are concerned with playing on a “decent” lax program you go penn State. If you want to better set your self up for the rest of your life through academics , you go Lehigh, no question. PSU is a huge state school with a 78% acceptance rate, you do not need lacrosse to get you in there. Florida definitely a closer call academically with Davidson as an example and also a bigger spread from a lacrosse standpoint. But It is sad to see parents who just don’t get it, and worse have their kids thinking the same way and are blinded to the future.[/quote]

Lol! I love when people come on here making stuff up trying to justify why a school is better but their facts are wrong. Here are the facts:

Florida 30% acceptance rate, top 30 school, top 20 lax

StonyBrook 49% acceptance top 100 school top 20 lax

Lehigh 50% acceptance, top 25-50 lax

PSU 54% acceptance, top 20 lax

Lehigh is not Princeton or Stanford. It’s not even comparable to Florida. It’s comparable to SB and PSU but with mediocre lax. Please stop!