Originally Posted by Anonymous
Question along the same line. My son has been to showcases etc. some prospect days. Emailing with some coaches. He’s gotten a couple emails from multiple schools saying essentially “we think you can play and hope it’s at our school”. So is that basically them saying let’s get down to details? Apply now, talk to admissions etc? These are D3 schools. If my son would consider them what’s the next step? Thanks

Is your son a 22’ or a 23’? If he’s a 23 it’s still VERY early for D3 coaches to be recruiting him. No need to rush the process, keep in contact with them, and ask them what their timeline looks like.

He’s a 2023. Just wasn’t sure what this meant or how to respond. Right after this we started getting emails from admissions and other basic school emails. I figured it was early still. I appreciate the feedback.

We are in the same boat. We have had a couple D3 schools have my kid out on visits; it may be a little early but not uncommon. The next step is to communicate with them and if they are truly interested they will set up a call or two and then a visit eventually. D3 timeline is very different from D1 in that they don’t really start making formal offers until May and June. If your son is offered then they will likely have to apply Early Decision to that school. Whomever said that offers won’t last forever is probably mostly correct though some schools may keep a spot open if they really are interested. I could be wrong as my experience is limited but this is what I’ve been told so far. Good luck and I agree, don’t rush the process.