Originally Posted by Anonymous
I know what you are talking about. There are a lot of parents who think their kid is better than they actually are. I think I’ve been one of them! My kid was actually selected for many of the big accolades, unfortunately all during covid but anyone else getting that same accolade was also affected by covid. The accolades haven’t played out in recruiting at all. Seeing tons of commits, even some really nice commits from our team where she is very much a star player, but she just hasn’t gotten those kind of calls at all. Second guessing myself— I might have done something differently as a parent guiding the process.

Plenty of time to adjust. Reassess what schools you have been targeting and get busy. Have your coaches make calls and get to prospect camps. So much time left, but you really have to expand your list and take action ASAP. Our coach always told us not to neglect our backups. Lots of lax in November too. But you need to get on radar now. If your daughter has many accolades, there are schools that will be psyched to have her looking at them. Many schools go slower because they aren't top 25, but tons of great lacrosse beyond top 25.