Originally Posted by Anonymous
based on what I have read on BOTC, what I have heard people say and my experience navigating the recruiting process with two kids who currently play in college I am pretty sure that there are going to be a lot of disappointed / disgruntled Long Island parents in the coming weeks and months.

There are just too many delusional parents out there who believe their child is way better than she is. During the recruiting process the college coaches will let their actions speak and their actions will tell the parents where their daughter ranks. Too many parents think they know who all of the best players are and which players should be "ranked" or make a team i.e. UA, AS etc... or which Club Team is the best.

News flash, if the best college programs are not making offers it's a safe bet that the player is not considered to be a very strong player. If we look at the best college programs, the programs that are consistently in the Top 10-20 we will see maybe 25 Long Island players end up at these schools. There will be a very small number of players who receive offers from the top programs but for whatever reason choose to go elsewhere. For the most part the best players will have their choice of schools and they will more than likely find a home at one of the best college programs. The list of schools is pretty diverse in terms of academics, location, size of school etc...

College coaches do not recruit club teams, they recruit players and they recruit these players from all over the country, I doubt most parents from Long Island had any idea who Izzy Scane or Charolette North were when they were juniors in HS. I will guarantee every college coach worth their salt knew all about them.

I truly wish all of the players well but to some of the parents (not all ) just the ones who think they know who all of the best players are and obviously think their daughter is one of them many of you are in for a rude awakening.

Why are you stating a bunch of jibberish that people already know?? Yawn…… Is there an actual point in your message?? Confused at why you’re posting

It’s gibberish. If you already know and you find it boring why do you take the time to engage? If as you say that “people already know” why are you asking what the actual point of the post is? Apparently you are confused often.

As to his point …. I would say it’s pretty clear, there are a lot of delusional parents who think they know it all (who the best players are, who the best club team is, who should and shouldn’t make certain teams, how much scholarship $$ kids get, etc…). They also try to diminish any accolade, list, ranking or team that their daughter doesn’t make. They cry politics and friends and family network and call BS when their kid is not recognizing. Obviously these parents think their daughter is a top notch player who should be recognized.

The recruiting process will tell us all where the players stand. Some, not very many will be offered spots by the best college programs but most will not.

Pretty sure everyone already knows where their daughter stands. Don't need you preaching about it. What makes you think you're providing a "Newsflash"?? You are also very transparent in your message of "wishing all they players well" . Sure you do, lol

If you think all parents know where their daughter stands you are delusional. Just look at all of the negative comments and attempts to tear down or diminish players, rankings teams etc... all in an effort to say there are many deserving players (including their daughter) who were not named, or selected for some sort of accolade. These parents blame politics, Friends and Family network, Club affiliation, other connections and any other excuse that they can dream up to discredit the accolade. The reality is that there are usually not many deserving players that are not recognized and the recruiting process will prove that fact.

I'm guessing that you are one of these parents because the above posts appear to bother you so much.

BTW, I actually do wish all of the players well, they are not the problem. The delusional, disgruntled, jealous parents are the problem.

If my daughter committing to to a top academic and lacrosse school makes me delusional, so be it. You got the wrong person. You’re the one who sounds disgruntled and jealous. Who made excuses? I don’t even understand what you are ranting about!