Originally Posted by Anonymous
Lots more should start flowing thru, ton of visits this weekend. wouldn't be surprised if a couple more come off the board on Monday/Tuesday of next week.

Hope so because lots of commits have come through already and not many MD girls on the list! 67 2023 girl commits and only 8 from Maryland. Sign of the times though. As the sport has grown, perennial Maryland clubs like MDU, Skywalkers, M&D, etc.. are no longer developing the players to the same level as some other clubs like CT Grizzlies, Eaglestix, YJ, Top Guns, Jesters, LI Elite. The Long Island girls are far outpacing the Maryalnd girls and the Connecticut & Atlanta girls are giving everyone a run for their money. As the game has exploded throughout the US, the recruiting landscape has changed significantly. The old club owner/college coach relationship is not always enough anymore. Rude awakening for many 2023 players and parents I am sure!
Is this that TikTok trend where you’re telling me you’re a lax dad from up north without telling me you’re a lax dad from up north?
Actually just a Maryland mom noticing that our MD girls seem to be out recruited the past 2 years. It’s even worse this year compared to last. I was hoping last year was just a Covid fueled one off but this year is looking to confirm that sadly Maryland is no longer the leader in women’s lacrosse.

I am ok with Maryland not being the leader in women's lacrosse if girls continue to commit to the colleges that the 2022 class committed to from the clubs you mention above. Duke, Georgetown, Hopkins, Harvard, Florida, Maryland, UNC, Yale, USC, Stanford, Virginia, etc isnt a bad list.

The top 5 Sky Walker players on 2023 have their choice of schools (top lacrosse schools). I personally know that some of the top players on the SW's have turned down top lacrosse schools to play for schools they love not just because they are considered the best lacrosse schools. Three have already committed to Duke, Princeton and Georgetown because they want the education over just lacrosse. Both these girls could of gone to "better lacrosse schools". Yet for these 3 schools they got top players. 3 out of the top 5 players have committed with 2 being left. Our goalie already committed to Maryland.

Wow, you sure know a lot about other players on your team.