Originally Posted by Anonymous
Do schools pay all expenses for both parents to accompany their daughter on an official visit?

No, they dont.
For certain schools you can talk your way into going along all expenses paid. It happened with my in laws. Player was a goalie.

They did for my daughter.

Every situation is different. Recruits are not considered equal by coaches, programs have different budgets, not every player that a coach talks to is invited on an official visit.

My daughter took 4 official visits, the West coast teams paid her airfare, we paid for ours. They paid all other expenses for all of us. Room and food. The two east coast teams paid for everything including our gas and tolls. Obviously no airfare on the two east coast teams she visited.

That's awesome! Did your daughter receive formal offers on the visits, including scholarship amounts? Did they give her a time frame or try to sway you away from visiting other schools? Thanks for any information you can share.
Do schools pay all expenses for both parents to accompany their daughter on an official visit?

No, they dont.
For certain schools you can talk your way into going along all expenses paid. It happened with my in laws. Player was a goalie.

They did for my daughter.

Every situation is different. Recruits are not considered equal by coaches, programs have different budgets, not every player that a coach talks to is invited on an official visit.

My daughter took 4 official visits, the West coast teams paid her airfare, we paid for ours. They paid all other expenses for all of us. Room and food. The two east coast teams paid for everything including our gas and tolls. Obviously no airfare on the two east coast teams she visited.

That's awesome! Did your daughter receive formal offers on the visits, including scholarship amounts? Did they give her a time frame or try to sway you away from visiting other schools? Thanks for any information you can share.

Yes she did receive offers while at each school. She also had a coach reach out while we were at another school, she increased her offer and asked us to call her at the end of our current visit. You usually get a private meeting with the Head coach on your visit. That’s when they usually offer. One of our trips there were 12 recruits there and only 4 players had the private meeting. Turns out only those 4 received offers. Every school is different though. Our 4 official visits all pretty much went the same way for us. Nobody gave her a time limit. She had around 15 calls on Sept 1. About 10 followed up that were serious. My daughter only wanted to visit four schools. But we made her contact all that contacted her to say Thank you and let them know she was not going to be visiting. My daughter ended up exactly where she always wanted to go. It was a great experience for us. It was all pre Covid also. She was a 2021