Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here’s the final set of Bored MD Dad rankings for summer 2021. These are already out of date as the summer movement churn has begun. But this should give some context heading into next year.

Tier 1
1. Hawks - MD
2. Madlax - VA
3. Team 91 - NY
4. Next Level - MD

Tier 2
5. 2Way - CT
6. BBL - NJ
7. Legacy - NY
8. Express North -NY
9. FCA - MD
10. Freedom - PA
11. True Annapolis - MD
12. 3D New England - NE
13. Long Island Express - NY

Honorable Mention
Laxachusetts, Crabs, 3D Gulf Coast, Mad Dog West Elite

Strong National Teams (at least on certain weeks) that are not included in the rankings.

Nationals, Mad Dog National, True National

This list is from a little while ago, but it's weird to me that there are four MD teams in the top two tiers and only one VA team. I'm not arguing with the rankings, but when is someone going to pull together a team with the better NOVA boys who aren't up for MadLax 28 drama?

I’m not from nova, but is their lax culture the same as MD? They have ML and NL which are both close, not sure there are anough boys to support another elite team today.

NoVa doesn’t have nearly the same lax culture as MD. Baltimore and Annapolis obviously have much stronger lax cultures historically than NoVa. Even in the DC suburbs lacrosse is much more popular in the MD suburbs than the NoVA suburbs. NL 2028 for instance doesn’t have any NoVA players. They are all MD suburbs and 1-2 DC. Besides Madlax, which is majority NoVa kids, but also has a significant number of MD players, the only other club that plays at a higher level in VA is VLC. The formed a 2028 this year with much of the Cavs kids coming over. But they won’t be an elite team this year or perhaps ever. There just aren’t as many kids that play lacrosse in Va to have another club at the highest levels until they approach high school when VLC often gets better. But VA is not at all comparable to MD in lacrosse.

We can argue over a lot, but at the end of the day, we all agree that NoVa stinks in both lax and more generally!