Originally Posted by Anonymous
As we approach September 1st it is important for those who have not been through the recruiting process put things in perspective and learn to read between the lines.

The coaches will make offers to the top recruits, coaches don’t waste time dancing around with the players that they really want. They may not discuss the financial component right away but they will tell the recruit that they want them and that they have a spot. Coaches want to know that the player truly wants to go to their school, once they know that there is genuine interest they will get into the details of the offer.

If a coach is talking to a player but not offering a spot it is likely that the coach believes they may get a player that they have ranked higher on their list.

If a coach goes dark or will not talk to the player it is very likely that the coach has no interest.

The recruiting process is very fluid, and where a player is on a coaches list can change quickly.

Remember, the player is not going through the process in a vacuum, the decisions other players make can affect your daughter.

There will be several “rounds” of players committing, each time a bunch of players commit the coaches reevaluate who is left and adjust their lists.

Many coaches will hold spots until next June in order to see what college players enter the portal after the college season ends.

Great information. Thank you. I believe my daughter will be getting offers from a few schools that are top on her list. She doesn’t really have a favorite (more like a few favorites) and would really like to see these schools and meet the coaches before deciding. If she visits a school and really likes it, she may want to commit, which is fine, but I wonder if she may like another school that she didn’t see better and not get the chance. I also am under the impression that if an offer is made and you don’t decide within a few days, that offer may be gone. Any advice here would be appreciated.