Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it just me but is the same girls on all these teams. I know it's about exposure. Maybe the time has come to limit the number of appearances each girl can make to allow for some diversity, Before you all start with the participation trophies comments can we have a real discussion.

“Limit number of appearances”? That’s not how it works. Who? Would limit it? There are obviously some girls who train and work harder than others. Do you limit the amount of medals you can win in an Olympics? No!!! You train hard and you can win as many medals as races you can win. That’s the way competition works. Now, opportunity/exposure is another topic. But, definitely limit is not the answer. There will always be a few athletes who stand out and are at everything. Prob. Means they worked/work hard to be doing the top events.

Maybe the time has come to limit the number of good players a college program can bring in. It always seems to be th
Is it just me but is the same girls on all these teams. I know it's about exposure. Maybe the time has come to limit the number of appearances each girl can make to allow for some diversity, Before you all start with the participation trophies comments can we have a real discussion.

Nonsense. How can you have a real discussion if you try to limit what can be discussed? A "participation trophy" is exactly what you are calling for. You are entitled to your opinion but so are others. Diversity has no place in competition.

I know exactly what you mean but it will never happen.
There are players (mainly just the parents) who will fly all over the country chasing accolades. It gets annoying seeing the same sports family at all of the top competitions, trolling for highlights. They even have their own professional video production crews.
Consider it flattering that there are not enough lax bros in Colorado and they all want to come here to play. East Coast lettuce can never be trumped by Co or Tx lettuce!