Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not for nothing long island won the championship at UA. Dave did something right. All I hear is sour grapes over the one girl going to Duke who didn't make it. Get over it. Maybe she had a so so tryout and other girls played better that day it happens. So that tells me politics wasn't in it as much as everyone is making it out to be. Sorry folks I know alot of people don't like dave but he has a good heart and not out to hurt anyone. He is a very good coach. All these year Carol rose took her almost entire team so give me a break. Guess what Dave coached a championship team so kudos to him. I guess he picked the right girls!

Agreed! He did a great job, and my daughter played on AS. Hope he coaches gain next year! Will definitely be trying out!

How would you know if he did a good job or a bad job? You weren’t there. You saw 1 game on TV where LI admittedly sat about 6 girls and played only their all stars. They eeked out a 2 goal win over a team they beat by 7 the day before ( in which every one played)
Sounds like the philly team adjusted not the LI team.
By the way LI has either played in or won the championship in The HL division 4 of last 5 years, so not much of a stretch to make it to the final game. The real shock was that Baltimore wasn’t there and didn’t get past philly..