Originally Posted by Anonymous
For those who think the statistics are accurate I ask you during games next spring to count the goalie saves on the winning higher level teams when they beat a team 20-0. The losing team will literally get no shots on goal and the goalie for the winning team will be credited with multiple saves. I am not going to single out any high schools but even on my son’s team where the coaches wanted to promote and was friends with the goalie’s parents he added multiple saves when the other team had at most two or three shots on goal. The stats are a joke and anyone who believes them may be on the gullible side.

Only parents and their kids care about stats. College coaches want to see video. Unless your son has set the county record for points, in 2 years no one will give a garbage about phantom assists or saves. You think a bad goalie is going to get recruited because a coach or stat girl padded his stats? Stop already.

Actually, coaches want to see the kid play in person, and they like to see kids play in the summer for top club teams, coaches want to see kids play against the best competition possible.

And when you get to that college make sure you tell the coach the stats are incorrect! Should earn you plenty of field time as he tries to correct this horrible mistake!!

Everyone should teach their own kids how to react if the stats are wrong. Or teach them to say nothing. There is no right or wrong just consequences. It may work out for some to point wrong stats out it may not. Some coaches will care some may not. There is no one universal answer to anything and no automatic predictable coach response. Just teach your kids to do the right thing and hope it works out for them because it does not always.

There is absolutely no way you ever played a team sport in HS or college. You’re probably a very nice person though.

Why does that matter? It means nothing if someone did not play in college. I understand lacrosse better than some people who have played just by watching even though I did not play lacrosse myself. Played d1 Hockey. Not in NY. Yes the stats were wrong there too. But got corrected most of the time. Hockey the stats were more important back in the day because college coaches came to the Hs games where I lived. Also not as much scoring so every point was important. If a mistake was made the players got it changed by the end of the game. Usually at the end of the period we would go to the score table and say that was not my goal. If a player did not do that he was not considered a team player. Doing the right thing has worked for me and my kids who now play d1 lacrosse. One left and doing what he needs to be done to be successful. You could never go wrong by being polite, honest and doing the right thing even if it does not work out for you.