Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For those who think the statistics are accurate I ask you during games next spring to count the goalie saves on the winning higher level teams when they beat a team 20-0. The losing team will literally get no shots on goal and the goalie for the winning team will be credited with multiple saves. I am not going to single out any high schools but even on my son’s team where the coaches wanted to promote and was friends with the goalie’s parents he added multiple saves when the other team had at most two or three shots on goal. The stats are a joke and anyone who believes them may be on the gullible side.

Only parents and their kids care about stats. College coaches want to see video. Unless your son has set the county record for points, in 2 years no one will give a garbage about phantom assists or saves. You think a bad goalie is going to get recruited because a coach or stat girl padded his stats? Stop already.

Actually, coaches want to see the kid play in person, and they like to see kids play in the summer for top club teams, coaches want to see kids play against the best competition possible.